PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2013, 10:21
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
In a few weeks time, I have to fly from UK to Ireland. Probably from either London or Birmingham.

Looking at the websites, Ryanair appears to be the least expensive. Although I haven't looked into all the pre-printed boarding card, luggage costs etc.... But when I looked at Which? Jan 2013, I noted that of the 16 short haul airlines reviewed, Aer Lingus was no.4 scoring 74%, ba was no.6 scoring 67%....and Ryanair was in bottom position with a mere 34%.

So it'll be Aer Lingus for me. Particularly when I read comments in Which? such as 'A typical comment (about Aer Lingus) was : 'Worth the extra few pounds to avoid Ryanair' '

Thank heavens that Aer Lingus won't now be swallowed up by Ryanair. I don't have any safety concerns about Ryanair, but I will not fly with an airline about whom people (in Which?) write "It's a constant battle to get transparency at Ryanair. It always makes travelling with them a disagreeable process from the start" - or an airline whose attitude towards both staff and customers is the way it is widely reported to be at such an airline.