PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two years flying in Indonesia
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2013, 00:49
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gperignon: You are the product of your very own circumstance. You represent what so many try to defend against. That is, the lowering of the profession and avoidance of standards that can be purchased as opposed to earned. If guys like you simply refused to be the pawn in this race to the bottom, held your self respect and dignity - and what's more respected others' - then such airlines would find it most difficult to exist. Pilots should be selected on standards, experience, credentials, knowledge and application of all of the above. You have subscribed to the Paid To Fly category in order to circumvent all of that.

Any journalist worth his/her salt would not publish your letter or email to them. There are few if any facts to back up a disgruntled employee's whine. Now, I am not saying that what was written is not true as I have seen the same if not similar, but without facts you have no accountability. If you wish to utilise the press or a regulatory authority then supply, dates, flight numbers and tail regos. Whats more is that your English is far, far below par. How can you possibly expect to be taken seriously? Could you blame the recipient of your emails or letters to think they were written by a less than professional or experienced / mature person? You'll take this personally, but these are the types of facts that do you no justice. Like a sim or flight appraisal:- keep the emotion out of it and stick to the black and white facts.

Like many I'm sure you too have seen and read the emails and official print of management in poor English and laughed (or cringed) at the poor English. We all say or think 'Why the hell don't they get a native English speaker to write it properly and professionally??!!". The same holds true here.

In many other ways I admire your stance against what you witnessed. But, as a person who contributed to these standards I cannot offer any more sympathy. If you and the rest of the P2F pilots went out and earned the job via experience, credentials, etc then these positions and the low standards would be far less. Pilots WITH those qualifications would be forced to be hired by pure supply and demand, however this works against us nowadays. There are more people willing to sacrifice the profession as a P2F guy as opposed to "doing the hard yards" in whatever capacity is needed.

Last edited by TopTup; 14th Feb 2013 at 01:06.