PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet pilot injured after falling from a/c
Old 9th Feb 2003, 13:13
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This story from The Sunday Mail:

PILOT FALLS OUT OF PLANE

Nigel Duncan

A PILOT was rushed to hospital after falling out of his plane yesterday. He slipped while closing a door shortly after his easyJet flight landed. Crew colleagues watched helplessly as the pilot fell 15ft to the tarmac. He is understood to have suffered serious back injuries as he struggle to close the plane's door in high winds. Ground staff rushed to his aid and he was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.

EasyJet confirmed last night the pilot - who has not been named - was in a serious condition with multiple injuries. A spokeswoman said: "He is conscious."

The pilot is from the Edinburgh area and members of his family were at his bedside.

The incident happened at around 3pm after the EZY33 schedule service from Luton touched down. Around 80 passengers had left the aircraft.

The spokeswoman added: "An investigation is underway. I cannot say what happened but as far as I am aware nothing like it has happened to us before. "I can confirm that the pilot had finished his shift and was due to go home."