PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'The Flying School' Documentary on Channel 5...
Old 9th Feb 2003, 12:15
VFE
Dancing with the devil, going with the flow... it's all a game to me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well luckily I managed to see the show but only cuz me mate who is totally unconnected with flying had the kindness of heart to phone me up and say "oi you, there's this f*$£&*g programme on channel 5 about these people learnin' ta fly!". It was a good production in my opinion and we all enjoyed it.

One thing however made me think and that was the girl who was determined to fly even though she was scared stiff the entire time. Now I know most people will say "good on her" for trying to conquer her fears but I just thought "why bother?". I mean if she has no intention of going into a commercial flying role and is merely trying to fly a plane to prove to herself she can do it then what's the point in spending all that dosh? It's not as though flying a plane is something to be compared to say, swimming whereby you might find yourself in a situation where your skills are needed! In short, flying is not exactly much use to Joe Average in a day to day crisis so I was kinda perplexed at that.

Still, I've got respect for her not giving up.

VFE.