PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bloated belly problem
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2013, 16:00
MonarchOrBust

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bloated belly problem

No doubt this will provide you guys with endless amounts of laughter but as I have no one else who can quite comprehend my problem, I thought I'd share it with my fellow aviation pals. OK, so I started flying commercially a few years ago and have this annoying problem after an hour or two in the air. Basically, after a while my belly feels bloated and my waste line becomes extremely sensitive. Measure me up for a pair of trousers and I'll fit into a 36in waist but I have learnt through experience that 36in doesn't work for me when flying. So I normally buy 38in. Now, ordinarily and without a belt, these 38in trousers want to fall onto the floor if I'm standing, proof they are way too big for me. Yet, the same trousers, sitting down and only an hour or two into the flight, become unbearable and I must pop open at least the upper button and loosen the belt by about 3 notches.

I initially thought it was the fizzy drinks but have since noticed that it's eating or drinking in general (anything for that matter) that brings it on. Any ideas?

PS: I'm in my early 30s and though the belly is starting to appear now I'm not quite tubby yet . I'm average build and weight is spot on for height 5'11.

Thanks