PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Human Error Seen in Nigeria Air Crash WSJ
Old 13th Feb 2013, 15:34
svaever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read the news paper "todays" trust" this morning, and was so angry after!
what a load of bull****. I don't fly the MD, but find it REALLY hard to believe than bough engines quit just by normal idle trust.

The flight had problems on the sectors leading up to the crash and as I heard it, was the crew not happy flying it to Lagos.

The newpapir also said the MD's first engine had problems after just 17 min flight. At that point the must have been just a bit after WP BISAP, a short while after they bough quit on final app to LOS?! Wauw.. the made the flight in just about 20 min then?
I fly a business jet, and a fast one, but we still takes us 45 min to get from ABV to LOS. good job to do it in an MD in about 20?!

Further more. the article says the FDR was damaged in the fire, but leaves to tell that it was an illegal FDR that wow loooong overdue to be replaced.

It took Dana aprox. ½ a year to get flying again, and I still see some of the MD's on the ground. So the statement, that DANA or the airwortheness of the a/c is not to blame. well that sounds typical nigerian to me!

Total blame on the cpt (the expat) and make a ring of glory over the nigerian company (yes i know, its run by an indian) corruption 1 - aviation safety 0

sorry for my english.. it's not my native language.

Last edited by svaever; 13th Feb 2013 at 15:39.