PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Crash Central London
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2013, 15:19
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Speed of Sound;
No, but a text may remain as a 'draft' in the phone itself if the phone survived the crash and subsequent fire.
DaveReidUK;
Yes, that's exactly my point, the only place an unsent SMS resides is in the composer's phone. The survival of the pilot's phone amid the almost complete destruction of the airframe in this instance would have been a very big "if" indeed.
That issue about the content of an unsent text msg being available outside of the phone unit has never been asked.

The original question, which I expect could have been phrased better to get the answer you are after, was, "Out of interest, would the network register a text that was being composed, but not yet sent, at the time of the collision with the crane ? "

The answer to which is; 'Yes, the network would register a text that was being composed, but not yet sent.'...

...however, if you want to know if the message being composed is pre-sent during the composition... the answer is No.

I hope that clears that one up

p.s.
There is no suggestion in the AAIB report that IM was being used, nor any reason why it should have been.
Didn't you wonder how the AAIB know that the last message wasn't read?