PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transfer times in T1 LHR - EI to NZ
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2013, 14:02
Gerry Lawlor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transfer times in T1 LHR - EI to NZ

Hi All,

I am travelling along with SWMBO from DUB to HKG on Sundy 24th February with Air New Zealand (NZ38). The journey is ticketed by Air NZ. The Aer Lingus leg (EI178) arrival is scheduled for 1950 and NZ38 departs at 2105. Arrival and departure are both T1. However, as we are not travelling within the UK I know we will have to thread our way through LHR security. Hopefully, we will get boarding passes for both legs in Dublin.

I queried the short changover with Air NZ when booking but understand that it's within their tolerance. At this stage I feel a little uncomfortable about it but believe it will cost me to change to an earlier arriving flight which I am not inclined to do.

Has anyone any experience on how long it takes to transfer at LHR via security but remaining within T1. Any chance of time for duty free? I would like to pick up a bottle or two there for the far end. We will be travelling PE if that helps matters anything at boarding time.

As an aside I believe NZ38 is a 772. Is the travel experience much inferior to the 773s which we will be travelling on at a later date? Or is this compensated for by the smiling and cheerful staff?

Any comments or advice most welcome.