PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2013, 08:41
Wagging Finger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WF, You seem to suggest that I might not know what I am talking about, so perhaps I should explain. 30 years Police service. Directly involved with the development of air support 1984 - close of service in Dec1998. Helicopter industry Police liasion 1999-2011.
First of all, i have never said such a thing and do not think it. so please do not try to put words in my mouth, speaking of which in previous posts, you have quoted,
Do you not think that that might just be as a result of the fleet being cut by a third!
Please see here the ACPO press release (no doubt you will call spin) clearly stating that Air Support will go from 33 aircraft to 26, now even by my maths thats a drop of 7 which is less than a quarter and closer to a fifth. No doubt if you keep quoting sensationalist figures like 'cut by a third' people will start to believe it.

I have the greatest of respect for all on here but hate to see some of the untruths bandied about as fact, that is almost the definition of spin isn't it?

I could put my qualifications and background on here but I choose not to, I do not feel the need to either I hope that my arguments and comments will stand for themselves. I know who I am and I know what I know about Policing and air support.

No doubt someone will pick every word I have just typed in an attempt to lessen their impact or to misquote me as an individual. Perhaps its time for me to bow out for a while as come back later as others have done in the past.