PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bob Katter Bill
Thread: Bob Katter Bill
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2013, 22:24
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to a Dick Smith store today to look at a Microsoft Surface tablet.
They didn't have one in the shop - should have asked for peanut butter.

Remember DS in CASA.......
Great point, Dick also supported QF management around the time leading up to the grounding in the press......

Bob Katter saving aviation????
Yeah, he is a loose cannon, and what he is saying won't come to much but as I said before, his heart is in the right place.. I suppose we all just right him off along with Nick X

I just find it so sad that in 2013 we see what we as a nation were once proud of, (Qantas & OZ aviation) is now uncool... and it is OK to sell the farm to the cheapest bidder... and somehow expected to feel good about it..

In this clip, a great piece from a Alan Freeman SYD ATC who seems to be proud to share a bit of Australian aviation history (nothing to do with Katter but at a distance, related)

As an aside, DS stores where sold to a private equity firm by Dicks mates, Woolworths who couldn't make it work anymore.
Woolworths finds buyer for Dick Smith

Anchorage Capital Partners Pty | NZVCA - New Zealand Venture Capital Association - Private Equity New Zealand, Venture Capital New Zealand, Company NZ, Finance New Zealand

Par for the course these days I guess..

For this reason, I think some on here have been a little harsh on My Oleo..... he is entitled to his view...

standing by for incoming...

Last edited by TIMA9X; 13th Feb 2013 at 15:40.