PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Intelligence
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2003, 05:07
Jetsbest

Received 25 Likes on 4 Posts
There are many saying that to 'go it alone' would be a slap in the face to the U.N. Where have they been for the last 12 years of Saddam's face slapping the U.N.? Now we (the west) are the bad guys? PLEASE! Unpalatable as the prospect of war is, George/Tony/others are right to be upping the ante, and NOW.
How does one show resolve if one does not deploy forces to the area in order to acclimatise/familiarise/train for the possible action, with or without U.N. sanction? To defer the preparations is to waffle gutlessly and only make the job harder in the long run.
Also, I can't believe 'it's really about oil'. If it was, the coalition could have held the oilfields in 1991, or even take them now for that matter.
And it's not about religion. People in the western democracies, of all faiths, are more free and accepted than, say, Christians in many Muslim countries. While democracies are not perfect, there are a lot of people moving around the world trying to get away from other systems, and that's enough proof for me.
I find the present appeasers and procrastinators disappointingly naive.