PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Phenom 300 pilots feedback
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2013, 16:36
odemacon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phenom 300 Flying

Hello there,

The Phenom 300 is only my second jet and I must say, I'm very impressed. Having familiarized myself extensively with the Garmin 1000 avionic, from C172, to TMB 850 and more recently on the Mustang, certainly did help a lot, not only for the type rating but for everyday flying as well.

ROC is impressive, performance, fuel burn and ease of flying are just great. The aircraft is new out of the factory. A few squawks already such as a GCU (engine start) and a Yaw servo, but nothing really surprising for a new aircraft. We have been speaking at great lenght with owners having flown the bird for nearly 500 hours, sqawks free. Support has been great, both in the USA and Europe.

I'll be flying every week from Paris le Bourget.

Thrust reversers are really not considered now on either Embraer or Cessna light jets series and despite the Brake issues on the Emb 100 (only) my experience with the Brake by wire on the 300 is extremely positive. It takes a little bit of getting use to (no pumping ....) but it sure is extremely efficient.

Contaminated runways are OK but by the book figures have to be used in terms of required lenght.

We have the options of a warm luggage compartment.

For warming up the cabin, yes your suggestion seem to be good. I'll try and let you know.

Don't hesitate if you ever in paris.

All the best,

Olivier