PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS recruitment
Thread: SAS recruitment
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2013, 16:12
Gur744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I started with SAS in 2000. Still remember my first day at work in CPH when the Base Captain said to us "Welcome to your first day, at your last job"!!! Thought to myself "Think I just made the best decision I´ve ever made". Three years later I was desperately looking for a new job since I had received my letter from SAS terminating my employment. Couple of days ago I received a mail with the new pay scale and T/C´s. What a way to welcome you back. 14000 DKK less pr. month than I had 10 years ago and working more. Obviously SAS is trying to survive in a hostile environment and they have already done the maths and figured out that they are better off without someone like me returning. However to you that has a decent job even if it is not with a airline as "prestige" as SAS - think twice before giving it up and handing your career into the hands of SAS. Pilots are leaving SAS and former pilots saying NO to coming back. For me, I found out couple of years after I "left" SAS, that there is a life after SAS and if I would have been able to see where SAS was heading, before joining them, I would have been happy enjoying my life before SAS as well. I hope that SAS survives and will become what they once were, but I have my doubts as the endless pit they are stuck in just seems to get deeper and deeper