PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview with TACA
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2013, 15:40
Steveperou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,
Lots of people only explain the negative aspects with tissue if lies and tendency for exaggeration but I want to explain my proper experience in TACA PERU :
I am french, living in Lima for 8 years, and had the best opportunies of my life in Peru. Recently upgrade as a A319/320/321 Captain, I never had any contacts, friends and some other helps to fly in that country. It was not easy but working a lot, with patience and some opportunities and luck, all things are possible !
I am very happy in Peru, the way of life is attractive, the country is beautiful with a lot of culture and remote scenic places, the people are friendly and welcoming but you must learn spanish and be open minded to accept the differences.
I like the work in Taca, I have a lot of good friends, peruvians, salvadorians, costaricans, hondurians, argentinians...The ambiance is familiar, the people love fiestas and barbecues and it is not rare that we drink some good french wines with my bosses...
The roster is heavy, we are flying between 75 and 85 hours ; 5/6 ON with 1 OFF and 3 OFF per month, with 2 choices of days OFF or flights. The destinations are great, 2 weeks ago I last my week end in Cuba, this week I was to El Salvador, we are flying in all South and Central America, Carribean and Miami, lots of airports are very difficult to operate, Cuzco, Quito, Mexico, Bogota, Medellin...so our flying experience is rich. The standard level of knowledge of the company is very demanding.
We have 30 days holidays per year. The salary is good, as a new Captain I reach 90000US per year with one of the best medical insurance of the country, a good pension scheme with some extras insurances (Oncology, life, cars, houses, school, wife and children...)
I think that conditions of working and living are better than Europe now, a lot of southamerican countries are growing very fast without any economic crises.
Sorry but I must leave my computer now, the beach, sun and Pisco sour are waiting for me, cheers !!!