PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bomber Harris Interview on TV (merged - AGAIN!)
Old 12th Feb 2013, 13:34
Party Animal

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Danny,

Not that I think you need it but if it's any consolation:

There are many of us on here (myself included) who would like to look you in the eye, thank you with the deepest sincerity for you efforts during WW2, shake your hand and buy you a pint in your local pub. I personally would also love to chat in depth about your experiences and hear all of your stories from those days. I would also want you to have no illusions about how much I/we respect you.

Then there are those who I truly believe are the silent majority who will also respect you with awe. They may not make a 'song and dance' about it but you have their support and deepest thanks.

Then there are those (sadly increasing in numbers) liberals who shout the loudest and hide under the umbrella of political correctness, gay rights, equality and diversity agendas etc.. who I personally think have done more damage to this country than Hitler ever could. None of them will admit that without people like yourself, they would probably be speaking German now and none of them will accept that they have the ability to criticise war leaders as murderers because people like you fought to maintain their right to free speech.

Bottom line here, you have the respect of the majority of the nation and for your efforts sir, we thank you