PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2013, 12:41
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not sure why I should worry you? If you have actually looked back through the posts you would be able to answer all of your own questions. I work for a partner airline.

The figures you were throwing out are simply unrealistic and I suspect you already know that. I am attempting to provide a degree of accurate information for people to use as a tool for their own use, rather than specious and unqualified comment.

Dont play games with a few numbers to justify your cause.
I wasn't aware that I had "a cause." Are you suggesting these figures are wrong or in someway "a game"?

I listen to these to the plight of the F/O on a daily basis, taking crew sandwiches so they can eat, sleeping on friends floors, I have sent seveal home because the are too Ill to operate yet they still come in because they need the money.
I would suggest then that the problem is with your company rather than the training provider. Our cadets do eat crew meals (in much the same ratio as anybody else seems to.) Seem to have comfortable and adequate living arrangements, (nobody has suggested otherwise for the last 15 years.) I have never sent anybody home. If they are sick they report sick. Apart from a relatively small amount of flight related pay, they would still receive their salary or (during the placement period) their bond repayments. If what you say is accurate, then it wouldn't be the intention of the FTO but rather the terms and conditions imposed by your employer. On that subject, I would defer to people with far greater insight. However, your company has been dominant in providing placement opportunities for graduates throughout a period of severe recession. I have said it before, but will say it again, they were pretty much the only game in town, and clearly used their advantage in this marketplace to set the terms and conditions that they chose to offer.