PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bob Katter Bill
Thread: Bob Katter Bill
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2013, 06:37
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After all the typical one liners from Katter quoted in the AFR, here is what the now watered down bill proposal came out like...

Guys and Girls, do remember that this bill being introduced by Bob Katter is so far a DRAFT to be debated to flesh out exactly the issues people here are bringing up. (AS is my understand of such things, I stand to be corrected as i'm not particularly savvy on how such bills come into being and are finally approved!)
Fair comment, but I also agree with tangan,

I am all for protecting and maximizing Australian jobs but Bob's idea is way too simplistic.
He might like to look into the rights given to all those foreign Airlines which operate across the Tasman.
I wonder if the proposed QFA/ANZ alliance was allowed to proceed a few years back, things may have been much better today for all concerned.. for me the ACCC made a big mistake back then, they did not predict the rise of EK , or more like, didn't understand it.

For all Katters weakness's on the above bill, at least his heart is in the right place, along with the only other politician in the country interested, Nick X...