PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Creating PDF and Kindle files.
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2013, 23:06
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
If you are happy with the layout, print directly to PDF files from within WordPerfect using one of the PDF converter programs. That will minimise the risk of introducing new errors
Quite so. I've just tried the circuitous route, and indeed, I was beset with problems right away. It seemed to work, but soon revealed some problems.

e.g. my viewpoint dividers, which should be centered, have all scuttled to the left. Minor issue, but just another job to do.

Point taken about the dating of Windows 6, though when I put it into Word 10, I had hoped to do a total - and hopefully final - edit. I felt having the entire thing in a modern version of Word would be of benefit when approaching some agents and indeed a solid standby. As mentioned above, I'm worried about hidden code infecting it.

I notice, I can create a Word document from a PDF. I supposed WP to PDF to Word would have to be simply tried and tested.

What is soul-destroying is the bloopers I see in supposedly edited documents. If I do approach agents before e-publishing, I think I'll need some professional editing help. Darned expensive on 700 plus pages.

What is also soul-destroying is the crisis of faith I having in the book. The protagonist is as juvenile as me and I'm not at all sure he will fulfill the needs of readers looking for the escapism sci-fi normally provides.