PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Plan
Thread: My Plan
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2003, 21:41
Speedbird744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Is my plan realistic? HELP REQUIRED!

I am currently 17 and finishing my "A" Levels. I intend on enrolling with European Flight Training in Florida on their Professional Pilot Course. (I'll be 18 before I start). Before enrolling I would have earned my PPL which would reduce the final cost down of this integrated course.
I will take out an unsecured student loan from HSBC of roughly £24000. The rest of the course my parents have agreed to pay!
As you might know, upon graduation one becomes a flight instructor earning up to 1500hrs.
This will take me up to 20 years old. When I will return to the UK and take the Cranfield College of Aeronautics "preliminary year" and then Postgraduate MSc Air Transport Management degree, (ONLy lasts a year!). And to keep current in flying I could perhaps instruct FREelance??
I should be done by 21 years old with a large debt, however with more parental support and a job in the industry, I could overcome the large sum over some years. Throughout this time, I will of course try my luck with many different types of flying jobs available.
I really would appreciate any replies PLEASE!
Thankyou very much
John