PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircrew medicals
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2013, 15:27
orgASMic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OTOH, military medical services exist to support military people. Presumably, they provide care to dependants where irreducible spare capacity exists. Guess what? They don't have the capacity to fulfil their primary role, let alone that which we would like to enjoy. A few years ago, I was bumped 3 times from my pre-deployment medical at Wiltshire's premier air station as they were too busy seeing to little Johnny's chicken pox*.

At my last unit, my kids were on the books of the military medical centre. At my present unit, they are registered with a local GP, who would only take them on when we explained that my wife and I are both military, so would not be registering as well.

Another reason to leave? Some will see it that way. Others will see it for what it is: an inconvenient reality caused by reducing resources.

By the way, have you tried seeing a dentist recently? Now their scarce resources really make it seem like you are the inconvenience.

* My assumption, based on the fact that, every time I turned up for my appointment only to be turned away again, the waiting room was full of dependants.

Last edited by orgASMic; 11th Feb 2013 at 15:29.