PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANOTHER bail-out for SAA!!!
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2013, 13:05
Trossie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"...If SAA goes under so does Mango , Airchefs and a whole lot more..." -- Yup, that's the way thing happen. Ask all those who were at Swissair, Sabena, Malev and any other 'national' airlines that have 'gone under'.

"For those that aren't employed there, in the interest of your longevity, might I suggest you concern yourself more with things you can change and worry less about the things you can't. I guarantee you'll be better off for it." -- This sounds a terrible comment on the state of affairs there: "This is where your taxes are going and you can't change it, so shut up and stop 'worrying'!"

"I am very definitely a wannabe though.....wannabe finished paying for SAA" -- And so should every tax-payer there be.

And for all the 'Bergies' out there, when you pay at the till at a supermarket, hold you head up high with pride and think to yourself, "This check-out teller, through her/his meagre earnings is paying tax to contribute to my pay".

If the taxes there went more into crime reduction and lowering the rate of road deaths it would make SA a more pleasant place to stay and could make having a job with SAA more desirable. Until then, lump it. A job that supports itself (without the taxpayer having to cough up) in a low crime location and safe roads is much, much more desirable.