PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JQ to AYQ
Thread: JQ to AYQ
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2013, 12:41
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed Jack

QF disenfranchised many of my Goldy clients when they pulled the pin and did massive damage to the upper end establishments such as restaurants and 4 star plus accommodation into the bargain with many saying 'bugger it - let's go to Bali/Fiji/Phuket".

The 3 flights a day are a start there but only ex SYD? No full return potential as ex MEL we have a connection, no non stop. Ex HBA you can do one stop Northbound but 2 Southbound and the rest of QF Tas, 2 each way.

The demographic in a mid to upper range destination has shifted on the Goldy from restaurant to Maccas which did a great deal of damage locally. With the LCC band moving in those good folk who should have sat at home in the corner poking holes with a bread knife through a Corn Flakes packet because it makes a good noise were suddenly at the Airport. Suddenly they could get to and from destinations very cheaply. God help us - they did too!

QF did even more damage to MCY. This higher end destination copped it even harder. The halcyon days of EW and Air NSW running in there with full service Y class ex SYD dragged in a good high yield crowd that QF would do well to readdress. The dollars are there.

Now AYQ is in the gunsights. Has anyone checked the accommodation prices there? All properties are owned and driven within one group and priced accordingly. Chuck a LCC at the place and disenfranchise a market that simply will not fly DVT Air and stand back for the traffic drop.

Obviously too many ex Management Trainees from both TN and QF have far too much power here. After all, HNL is being operated ex SYD by 763 equipment old enough to vote and the Scotchguarded seat MNL market gets a shiny 332. You can't tell me MNL yield is higher. I may be wrong but most of the traffic we have is looking for and gets a housekeeper. The punter finds them, marries them, imports them, they stay with him for 6 months, seperate and divorce him - and keep the house.

I despair at where the Rat is heading.

Best all

EWL