PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JQ to AYQ
Thread: JQ to AYQ
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2013, 10:06
Stalins ugly Brother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Despite QF managements stupidity, which was born ingrained as it couldn't possibly be taught. The thing that p!$$e$ me off most is their complete and utter arrogance that if we pull out of a destination and replace the route with the Jetstar's, Emirates', insert any other airline, put a codeshare number on it and our passengers will continue to fly happily on that substitute.

This has been proven time and time again not to be the case! All it does is get the pax to stop and shop around who else is operating to that destination and try a different product.

If us lowly flight crew can see this how the f@#K can't management see this!

Isn't it amazing how light your loads are when you don't operate anywhere anymore. The way we are going we will be soon competing against Flight centre instead of Virgin/CX/SG/EK.

On top of the above, is it just me or is it that the replacement of Qf flying with Jetstar is gaining more and more pace? Almost becoming frantic. Uluru gone, Perth-Sin, Adelaide, and I'm sure there will be more announcements soon in regard to Adelaide and Jetstar. Not to mention NZ,HNL, JPN, the Asia Bowl and i'm sure Europe in the not to distant future.

I can assure you it's no coincidence that Qantas mainlines decline is inversely proportional to Jetstar's expansion, But the smartest men in the room will never admit that, not even soon when it will probably be to late. This experiment has been nothing more than an attempt to follow low cost carriers in europe and lower salaries, standards and cheapen the industry to line their own pockets. I just don't think they realised how much they would have to cannibalise mainline to get what they set out to achieve, one does get the feeling though these days that we at mainline have past the point of no return.

The losers of this deliberate sabotage of our national airline? Our heritage, it's loyal traveling public and it's loyal staff who many now face the real possibilities of ongoing redundancies.