PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Android - clearing a "ready to install"
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2013, 08:25
mike-wsm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OFSO - Sorry, I answered your post but it got on the wrong thread. Mea culpa! Here is an updated reply.

Glad you got things sorted by using Milo's googled information about Settings. These can differ depending which generation you have. In android v4 ics, settings includes cleaning of cache, history and cookies.

A more direct way for the future might be to use android's inbuilt tools. I have the x-i-c-h widget on my home page 1/5 like this:

This screen manages my wifi with display of daily and monthly use, my bt line, and includes the x-i-c-h widget.

x stops all processes
I accesses useful system information
c clears the cache
h clears browser history and/or apps data

This is a very useful combination, though I still use Settings to Clear Cookies, especially after visiting those dodgy sites which send rather controlling cookies. And don't forget to try a total power-down/power-up.

If all else fails the ultimate way is to do a Factory Reset, find your way from Chinese back to English, and reload all your apps and shortcuts. I do this manually using screenshots of all the homescreens and apps/widgets pages, takes an hour in all, possibly quicker that fiddling around with fixes.

Another way to reload apps is to sync with google/android cloud and recover that way. Haven't bothered to try that yet.

Screenshots are obtained by simultaneous vol- and on/off, the shots show up in PICTURES.

The above relates to android v4 ics.