PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Colour Codes
Thread: Colour Codes
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2013, 08:10
Pontius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
• The minimum actual and forecast weather for a diversion airfield is to be as follows:
You big bunch of girls' blouses; who needs diversion airfields? Now when it's 'shipping it green' in the middle of the Atlantic (ahaaar), let me tell you about diversion airfields (ahhaaaaar again)

I once used the MG get out of jail free card to take off in zero/zero. Well, that was 'interesting'; kept straight using the heading in the HUD (as you'd expect) and duly took to the skies. Unfortunately got the leans and thought we were looping. I say 'we' because my mate was only a Green, so a pairs take-off was the only way we could get out of Denmark where we'd been playing with F16s. Well, I thought it was bad enough where I was sitting but #2 was having spatial awareness problems himself and didn't have a clue what was going on and only believed we weren't going to crash because he managed to grab a quick squint at the head-down AI and realise we weren't practicing IMC aeros. Where am I going with this story......ummm......errrrr......piss off Crabs, Fly Navy etc.

I think I'm getting old because I'm telling WIWO stories.....ahhhhhhh.