PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Full sidetick 320 in gusts
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2013, 04:49
Microburst2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, it is like PIOs in other airplanes. In the bus maybe we can't term them as PIOs, everything regarding stability and control is non conventional in the bus, but they are very similar, and so is the solution to them.

Sorry for blasting you about the CWS thing, but I hate that concept. I much prefer the special stability point of view.

My idea is that the system stability stops the deviation at some point, and after that, we put the airplane back on its due position. The stick should be neutral or close to neutral most of the time, with occasional or frequent small inputs. No need for full stick. If the gust Induces a large roll rate, the system can and will coup with it very well without our help. After that ther is no need for full stick, just enough to gently put wings level.

I used to do the full stick thing often in the beginnin, as soon as I noticed each gust, and sometimes I managed to keep wings very level, but when the gust frequency increased, then I made the finest mayonnaise...