PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2013, 04:16
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TD is correct. As I understand it, they are at last trying to balance their sources of pilots. Not long ago they saw the furloughed United pilots as the saviours to their manning problems and hired a bunch of them. Anyone with the tiniest of grey matter could see this was a mistake, not because the guys aren't any good but because the lure of returning home gets stronger as the recalls get louder and the 'shine' of working in Japan is outweighed by the sirens calling. We are already seeing the results of that policy, with UA guys going back to the US and more to follow. At the moment Qantas are deep in the guano and I don't think many can see how they're going to extricate themselves from a classic management f*@k up. Because of that, there's a lot of QF pilots being given unpaid leave and being free to go elsewhere to seek employment. All that being said, I think someone in ANA/AJX has said, "let's not repeat our previous mistake and put all our eggs in one basket" and, whereas they are taking a fair few QF pilots, they're still looking for suitable candidates from all over and long may that thinking continue.