PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 11th Feb 2013, 03:50
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Senator FAWCETT: There is actually a broader issue, though,
Mr McCormick. There is no closed-loop system so that recommendations that are made by ATSB, that CASA agrees—particularly we have seen a number where, in a coroner's court, the coroner has said, 'We'll close out this issue, because ATSB
made a recommendation and CASA said they will do it,' and then a decade later there is has been no action. Is that an issue for the travelling public? I hear you that you were not there for that whole 10 years, but we are talking about a system now, not personalities. Is the system not working as it should?

Mr McCormick: I cannot speak for what happened in 2000. I only
got here in 2009. …

Senator FAWCETT: Mr Boyd, were you around?

Mr Boyd: Yes, but not in that position.

Senator NASH: Anybody else? Mr Farquharson? Dr Aleck?

Dr Aleck: I was in Montreal.

Creampuff: Apart from the stint in Montreal, Dr Aleck has occupied
various senior management positions within CASA for an accumulated period of about 10 years to the present.
Messrs Farquharson and Anastasi, both of whom have been in CASA for all or most of the period 1999 to the present, were also at the table but, according to Hansard, remained silent.
So although The Skull has been around 5 years, he takes no responsibilty?
As for the others who have been at CASA ranging from 12 - 20 years and who conveniently deflected Senator Nash's probing, they don't get off so easy I am afraid. Anybody in those positions and who has been in CASA for that length of time would have had a say and had influence in decison making. No high level decisions are made without consulting with others, so the 'hand washing' by these guys is laughable.

And I reiterate that mosy of FF's issues lay within its structure of 'long termers' who have spent decades playing the system, and playing it well. But the piece of string has been pulled by the Senators and the whole lot is unravelling. The stench of incompetence flows all the way to the Minister, and people like Mrdak, the Boards, the whole lot of them need to be held to account.
It is a real shame that Samantha Hare and Shayne Urquhart couldn't take all these executive individuals to the morgue with them to identify their loved ones. Or have those executives with them at Xmas or birthdays, to show them that we are dealing with lives, not executive salaries and bonuses.
None of these executive clowns has earned a clean conscience nor do they deserve a peaceful nights sleep while people continue to die and accountabilty is mocked.

On a final note, in regards to the CASA's inabilty to 'close the loop' this too is a farcicle outrage. They preach from the book of James Reason yet don't practise what they preach in reality. If an operator didn't 'close the loop' on an investigation, incident, occurence or non-compliance' then a NCN would be issued by CASA quicker than a CASA executive boarding a plane for Montreal! Hypocrites.

To be con't............

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 11th Feb 2013 at 03:51.