PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2013, 00:43
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goldthop,

Did you apply for capt or FO? If the former, please see my previous posting:

However, the QF guys are, so far, exclusively FOs and not capts and this is going to be the general thrust of recruiting for the foreseeable future for all candidates, not just Qantas. I confirmed this in the office very recently, so it's not just rumour. I was told that if a 'very good' capt candidate applied they would consider him as a DEC and by 'very good' they mean JCAB licence and 767 type rating but they are specifically targeting FOs because we have enough capts.
All that being said, there is no reason for Crew to be so rude and not respond to your application in a timely manner. I get tired of these middlemen who basically do very little and yet take such a big slice of the salary pie and would much prefer it if you could apply directly. Once you're hired they do even less and are just conduits for your wages to go from AJX to your bank, minus their 'commission' of course. They're all pretty much the same as one another, so there wouldn't be much point switching to Parc and you're right, you're better off with the Crew medical in the US.