PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the best thing about pprune for you ?
Old 10th Feb 2013, 21:58
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I came to PPrune via Cockpit Conversation (adventures of a Canadian Aviatrix.)

Apart from an interest in Aviation and things floaty and BROOOM,BROOOOM
Its the general level of intellect, the cameraderie, the broad spectrum of backgrounds,technical knowledge and debate. The banter, Jet blast......
Like Mary, I've made the odd (very!) post which was ill-advised and been jumped-on....but, hey , it's the internet!
GTE is alive and well and this particular web of intrigue will, no doubt , eventually come into the public domain..through his ban, i found Flyer, so, another gain for me!(and a lot of familiar names there!

A few bolshie professionals,very up themselves (see heli/crane thread in Rotorheads) but the vast majority tolerate and engage with the likes of me and my ilk,hopefully to the benefit of us all.
did I mention the "anything(almost) goes that is Jetblast?....it is what it is, even if the likes of Slasher does get kicked off for a while,-but his outrageous, irreverent and politically incorrect (verging on obscene) posts are always good for a chuckle.

Even stuff like the "buggger, I've got cancer" thread....little Aviation content, but brings humanity to the screen-names

Yes! Mods can appear over-zealous at times,but they're volunteers at a thankless task,so when I get another post deleted, ...well,it's just a virtual conversation,in a virtual club, that got a virtual ignore.

All in all, a good forum, populated by a good bunch of regular contributors.