PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2013, 16:43
u0062

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WARNING FOR ALL WHO ARE CONSIDERING TRAINING ORGANISATION LIKE CTC

I work for an Orange company based at LGW. On a dailly basis F/O describe there financial plight while we are flying. I read with horror the lack of understanding from people on this forum. I appreciate the flying schools provide statistics and coloured brochures, thats there job they selling like all business there products.

However the reallity is very different, the debit at the end of all the training including type ratings cost of living etc ranges with each individual. the figures the cadets have given me range between £120,000 to £180,000.
I appreciate there is a big difference but that is not the point. There loan repayment are £1000 / month during the winter they can hardly afford this payment let alone pay for rent, food etc. Many have gone bankrupt, others have to sleep on floors, rely on crew food for eating.

The new contract being offered at the Orange factory will mean they will live in poverty for many years. We have reached the point where this once great industry has now become a profit making scheme for the providers and Airlines at your expence

By joining these schemes you are just contributing to the deteoriating conditions. While people are willing to pay for these schemes companies will continue to reduce what you earn, the objectives of the Airlines is to get the Flight deck crews paying to fly.

You may feel that this does not effect you but it does if you are considering these schemes.

The answere I dont have, however as some one who has had a great career in aviation, the very least I can do is provide another side to this awful unfolding story.

Good luck with your choice.