PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2013, 16:27
tigerfish

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AOF,
I do understand where you are coming from, and also accept that the new team at NPAS have the right pedigree to do the job properly.

I also accept that we are going through very difficult times, but at the end of the day the public and the service have to be protected. I cannot just humbly accept all of the crap that is being loaded on the service at the moment without saying loud and clear, this is not right!

To destroy something that was as effective as UK Police Air Support inc was by 2004 was very short sighted, and I for one are determined to ensure that the mistake is recorded for all to see.

The thing that upsets me most is the way that our dedicated team of observers are being treated. for without their enthusiasm and dedication to learn their art in the late 80's and 90's UK Police Aviation would never have reached the level of expertise that it did. And to now denigrate their importance to the point of declaring that they are not front line is unforgiveable. What other organisation would spend several millions of pounds on a piece of equipment and then decry the importance of key members of the operating team?

Once again this all comes down to defective leadership! The most senior Police Officers and Politicians too, have failed to realise that when you spend shed loads of money on something, it is a very false economy to then fail to ensure that those who are going to work it are happy!

Too many Senior Police Officers are frightened to stand up and say that!

Tigerfish