PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do we recognise promotion in the RAF?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2013, 15:28
Haraka

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Ho Hum

Amusingly, whilst being put forward by the Service to go on secondment internationally and following the failure of my putative "Boss "on his interview, I was then asked to go for his post by the R.A.F. ,which I got following my, more succcesful, interview.
I then found myself arbitrarily promoted (acting, unpaid) one, and then , following objections by the French, two ranks up ( Wg Cdr) by the R.A.F. . then down again one rank, after the French threw in the towel . This position I filled for the U.K., getting Spec. Rec. 1369's.
Following this and after three years (one tour) in post, I was subsequently put forward by the U.K. for further consideration.
This was fully supported by U.K. MoD.for "us" to take up a far more senior operational post on our behalf and I was encouraged to " Go for It". This post I duly acquired in the interest of my country.
Consequently I was promoted yet again within the organisation, following competitive assesment internationally.

This having being achieved, I then found myself in receipt of a telephone call from Innsworth informing me of my option of returning to RAF service in my original rank in short order , or of PVR'ing.
What would you have done?

Last edited by Haraka; 11th Feb 2013 at 03:02.