PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United Kingdom Military RT Phraseology
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2013, 14:18
Pontius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I change from ground to tower having already been told to hold shout of the runway. I check in with tower saying "xxxx taxing to hold short of runway xx".
Am I the only one who finds it amusing that one so verbose on the radio should be complaining about RT brevity? Firstly, there's no need to transmit your life story, no matter how helpful you think you're being and secondly, since you've admitted to regularly operating from the same airfield and getting the same response each time, why continue in the same manner if you know it's going to end up with the same thing being said three times? What was that saying about the definition of insanity?

The Deci PARs were always good because of the way they chatted you down the slope: "Vixeeen, how many sheeps are you?" "Okay, you're a leetle bit high, you come down a bit. Ah, a thatsa a better, now youra looking okay". As for the UK PARs, Yeovilton had it by a mile. With so many skirt-wearing ATCOs (and quite a few of them being female), we were totally spoilt for the most sexy sounding, sultry talkdowns. One in particular had us clamouring for a PAR even when it was blue +++ (and she was fun in the Wardroom jacuzzi )