PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - University or not? 2013
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2013, 09:55
Wizbod7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In need of some advice of what route to take? work or education?

Hey guys!

Basically, I want to become a pilot, flying for an airline, that's the long term goal! Now, this as been a dream of mine for about 5 years, only recently I've decided that I need to start pursuing this dream as I can't see myself being satisfied doing anything els!

My current situation is that I'm working, I don't earn to much, roughly 300 a week. I do understand the first step would be to get a class 1 medical then start my PPL from there, correct me if I'm wrong or missing something!

Here is my dilemma: do I continue to work full time and pay for my licenses, or go back to college to complete A Levels, considering I only have 5 A-C GCSE's? This decision is now beginning to get the better of me, everyday with out fail I'm thinking which way should I go?

I have until September to make this decision, so I do have a bit of time to think things over, I do believe I need to decide ASAP as I'm 23 in 2 months, I don't want to let it get 'too late' as I know I'd regret not taking the plunge!

I'd be really appreciative for and help, guidance, which could help me. I'm from the West Midlands area too so if you could recommend a flying school, that would be a bonus!!!

Thanks for reading! looking forward to hearing from you guys!