PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 4
Thread: SOUTHEND - 4
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2013, 07:40
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SWBKCB

I don't know the answer to your question but I would think that RE would need to operate a fair network of routes in their own name to make it worthwhile. Brand recognition might also be a problem. I thought the original EI/RE agreement gave RE the freedom to choose the routes, provided they didn't conflict with RE mainline's interests, so CAX-SEN under Aer Lingus Regional branding might be possible.

I agree with you regarding catchment areas. When I lived in south Norfolk I flew from NWI, STN, LHR, LGW and SOU (once), depending on flight availability & frequency, price, timings and airline etc.. I lived next to the A11 so was technically in the STN catchment I suppose but, yes, I drove past STN somestimes to fly from elsewhere.

As far as SEN is concerned I'm sure it attracts travellers from well outside its core 600,000 catchment -some Norwich friends of mine flew from there last October for example. The A140/A12/A130 to SEN from Norwich would be the natural route by the way, not the A11.

Last edited by Expressflight; 10th Feb 2013 at 08:51.