PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Business Aviation Asia (BAA)
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2013, 04:46
FrankR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoggin is spot on here, at least according to everything I've heard and seen.

For all you gents looking to move to China, here are a few current observations seen by me and my mates who fly in the region in the last month:

All the companies have some quirky recruiter. They ask for the same thing over and over, and ignore you for a month, then email you to come to China tomorrow night to take the CAAC written. Just smile be nice, and it will work out. Recruitment is your first big test!!!

But you should ONLY deal direct, avoid ALL the middle men staffing companies at ALL costs, as I've seen guys who were in a tight spot get tossed directly under the bus by their procuring company.

BAA just fired one of their intermediary companies as the guy was withholding pay from pilots for several weeks each month.

Bill Z just screwed a 605 guy who was in a tight spot with Donghai jet concerning some issues that could have been worked out easily.

Another guy named "Universal something" just hired some guys to crew an airplane and is paying them about 60% of what the management company pays other pilots on type... (Yes, all management companies everywhere pay you less than they charge the client).

To review:
Recruitment company = Typical snake oil salesman shyster
AOC holder = Awkward, frustrating, much better once in the door.

Hope this helps,

FR