PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2013, 01:50
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies for posting on this excellent thread but periodically I see posts asking about what can be done with memoirs of Second World War experiences.

Can this be of any help?

Best wishes
John

Dear John,
Forces War Records would like to hear from members that would be interested in publishing their ancestors diaries of their time in the forces.

We have an extensive library of historic documents that we are looking to expand for prosperity and would welcome any interesting content that we can digitise and publish.

We are also able to offer a licensing arrangement on certain items, so if you feel you have anything of value that other members would enjoy reading, please do get in touch.

In the first instance please simply reply to this email with some scanned examples of the kind of documents you have and a list of items and we will respond once we have had time to catalogue them all.

In the meantime, if you have yet to enjoy our library take a look now, we have publications such as newspapers from the first world war to training manuals to memorial registers, all viewable within seconds at: http://www.forces-war-records.co.uk/library

Kind Regards,

The e-mail address they refer to is:

[email protected]

I used this site to get a copy of my father's War time service, plus a list of all medals he was awarded.