PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Garuda Indonesia Recruitment.
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2013, 23:47
training wheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jetjockey696
I think Aunty Susi already did....

Jakarta Post..

Garuda Indonesia vice president of communications Pujobroto said that the regulation did not affect the airline’s plans as it had already limited the use of foreign pilots.

At the co-pilot level, foreign nationals must have logged a minimum of 500 hours flight time for one type of aircraft before joining Garuda. For a pilot, the figure is 1,000 hours,” Pujobroto said.
Re-reading this quote from Garuda, I interpret that to read Garuda will hire foreigners who have logged a minimum of 500 hours on any type of aircraft, not just on the type that Garuda has. So I guess, those already with Indonesian DGCA licenses won't be affected by the new '250 hours on type' ruling that came in to effect on 10th Jan 2013.

For those without DGCA Indonesian licenses applying, I wonder how they are able to complete the online application form, as they wouldn't have the CRM, AVSEC, Dangerous Goods certificates from the mandatory courses conducted here. The apply/submit button returns an error if you don't include those certificates in your application.