PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some people finally understand the reality behind drone strikes
Old 9th Feb 2013, 14:18
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
You can search all you want.

You will see I was quite vocal about Paul Bremer/Bush and their decisions that so badly affected the Iraq War.

You will see that I do not consider Water Boarding Torture as defined by most conventions and think using such techniques on three individuals helped in chasing down Bin Liner. You will also read that I consider such measures are much less reliable and in the long term less effective than "Soft" techniques. Recall my Law Enforcement background...I have done lots of interviewing and interrogations.

You will find I reference conversations with a Mate of mine that worked at Gitmo and supervised DOD Investigators and that he and I both agreed that Soft beat Harsh.

I am sure you will find that I objected to what went on at Abu Grahib....and you also should note those guilty of crimes were punished, well those of junior rank anyway....as the Colonels on up skated.

You can find plenty of places I have called for the end of the Afghan War as well.

Your search will find I objected to some provisions of the Patriot Act....but as Bush is blamed for it...it was Congress that passed the Law.

The issue at hand is not what Bush did...or what the media did then as it is about what Obama is doing now and what the media is not doing now. The one thing your search will find...in many places is my disgust at how the Media in this Country has failed its duty to serve the People by being the "purveyors of truth" as the Founding Fathers thought they should be. They knew an informed Citizenry was the absolute bed rock of a successful Democracy or Representative Republic as we have. Bias in media reporting is bad....but the "not reporting" is evil.

You started this whole exchange by framing it as a Republican/Democrat thing and seemed intent to keep after that idea despite being told my reasons for saying what I do about this.

So....you care to respond to those questions I asked you or you just going to act like you are running a Winkle Stand.