PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where's the love?
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2013, 13:27
Macker-1ie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Slasher
Sounds like you're a spanky new captain UPP - thus begins the Great Learning Curve of Cabin Crew!

...In every bunch there're always a small percentage of bad ones - you have to work out who the backstabbing
b!tches are and who aren't. Getting a heads up from experienced captains helps but that's only an indication.
Its up to you to determine the trustworthy ones, esp Pursers. But down there in PC-riddled Oz you'll have your
work cut out for you.

Back in the pre-PC days it was very easy to smooth things out with the girls - generally over some drinks at a
tasteful bar after the trip (but you paid!). Dunno if you can do that down there these days without accusations
of some bullsh!t sexist charge or other silly nonsense.

As a commander you have to solidly tin-plate your butt in anything you do. If you want to survive NEVER EVER
admit errors to any b!tchy Purser and only quote directly from the manual - and never glace it with "I'm sorry"
or give any more information than is absolutely necessary. Even with the most trustworthy hosties it pays not
to offer too much more neither. This goes for verbal and written.

As to male Pursers I've never had a problem with 'em - from either side of the sexual fence. Blokes appear to
be less backstabbing than the girls (in terms of ratio) and seem to better understand the Feedback component
of CRM - but maybe I've just been lucky.

Hope you read this before its no doubt deleted - I'm one who just says it like it is without sugar-coating it in
PC crap.

Good luck!
I don't understand why you wouldn't admit your errors? Sure we're all human at the end of the day. It's this godliness approach that one needs to forget in this day and age.
I have huge respect for my colleagues in the cockpit I certainly admire them for what they do (butI wouldn't do it for the world).
I'm not sure if CRM is more prevalent in my airline but there would always be open communication between all cockpit crew and cabin crew If an issue were to arise. Including "bad landings".