PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stranded passengers. This decision could be very far reaching
Old 9th Feb 2013, 12:55
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The cat has been out of the bag for years about all these invented "additional" charges that increase a "headline" fare of 22.99 Euros to a real fare of 73.57 Euros.

The cat has also been out of the bag for years about Ryanir's claims to be a "cheap" airline; anyone who still believes that should look at their average yield per passenger (Google their latest accounts.) On some short-haul routes it was, last time I looked, the highest among all the airlines on those routes, including BA. (Mind you we are not comparing like with like; the FR route is usually to the middle of nowhere while the other carriers go to the declared destination.)

However, Ryanair provides a safe and frequent service that people, nearly all of whom are quite capable of working out the true cost, still buy instead of cheaper alternatives, or in the absence of cheaper alternatives they still buy to get to places that only Ryanair serves.

My question is, why the hell does Ryanair bother with all that insane nonsense about invented levies, taxes, this, that and the sodding other.

I know every airline does it, and that one or two are unavoidable levies. But Ryanair is worse than anyone else, and it's totally unnecessary, because there cannot, surely, be anyone who is still fooled by it.

Just put the total fare up front, and we'll pay it if we need to use your services, Mr Leary. If we don't, we won't, and pretending for a few moments, as we plod through your intermineable, convoluted website, that it costs 1/4 of the actual figure isn't going to change that.

WE ARE NOT AS STUPID AS YOU THINK WE ARE!