PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerospace Technology Degree - With Pilot Studies or Management?
Old 9th Feb 2013, 10:46
Flyaways

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aerospace Technology Degree - With Pilot Studies or Management?

I have a conditional offer for the following two courses from Uni:

Aerospace Technology BSc with Pilot Studies
Aerospace Technology BSc with Management

First off, I want to explain the BSc bit- To get on the BEng course, you need an A-Level in Physics & Maths. I didn't do these subject so I can't get onto it. I have been advised that if I can get over 75% in the mathematics module in the first year, I can move to the equivalent BEng course.

Now to my main question. I don't know whether to choose the with Pilot Studies or With Management degree. There is little difference in the two courses- One contains a ground school module & flying lessons, and the other contains a project management & finance module.

The flying lessons are not included in the cost of the course- you pay for them separately and they are given at a discounted rate by the flying school.

I was wondering if anyone has done one of these degrees or if anyone knows which is more useful?
(I would be looking to do aerospace engineering as a career, but I'd love to be a flying instructor part time too)