PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2013, 09:55
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If the share price is above the FR offer of 1.30 why would a shareholder sell for less than market value, duh?
There is no Ryanair offer at this present moment in time.

As to why a Shareholder would take a lower price ?

Well if he/she/it felt that once a bid was unsucessful the share price would collapse then better to take what is on offer now rather than watch it all collapse. A reason not to would be to hold on for an improved offer which as indicated in previous post is pretty routine in hostile takeovers.

Of course he'll have to improve the offer, as I said all along! It was a joke bid - a stalking horse. He knew the EU would get involved as soon as he made an offer, and his offer would expire leaving the option to alter it later if he got approval.
But if the EU give him permission - unlikely though it is - he'll need to make a significant move to twist the Irish Governments reluctant arm.
Nope it was a fair bid given Aer Lingus share price. Lets face it you feel €6+ is a fair price. Why should anybody pay over the odds ?

As for Irish Govt.......IF someone holds 50.0001% then their shareholding is irrelevant.

A minority shareholding can do little.

When FRs gone the EI share price will strengthen further as other interested parties start to show their hand. Mark my word, I've been right all along....
Long as you keep believing it but in 5 years the supposed other interested parties have been very quiet, they all been free to buy Ryanair's stake if they so wished even when share price was €0.55.