PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2013, 04:27
Meccano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obviously some heavy trading going on- is there any chance it could be Ryanair looking to increase their stake before the decision? Maybe EI buying back some shares or EY? I presume.if the price stays this high EI's shareholders would reject the bid?
Stock Market rules forbid FR increasing their holding above 29% unless they make a successful bid for takeover.

If the share price is above the FR offer of 1.30 why would a shareholder sell for less than market value, duh?

Of course he'll have to improve the offer, as I said all along! It was a joke bid - a stalking horse. He knew the EU would get involved as soon as he made an offer, and his offer would expire leaving the option to alter it later if he got approval.
But if the EU give him permission - unlikely though it is - he'll need to make a significant move to twist the Irish Governments reluctant arm.

I hope none of you sold below 1.30?
You swallowed Racedos propaganda!?
Oh dear.... should know by now.... Must sting a bit.....

When FRs gone the EI share price will strengthen further as other interested parties start to show their hand. Mark my word, I've been right all along....