PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADF pushing up female numbers
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2013, 19:49
finestkind

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
My apologise to others reading this developing pissing contest (once more into the breach dear friends once more). I did seriously think about ignoring CW Pirates post giving it the due respect it deserves on a "RUMOUR" network but felt the impingement on my personal integrity and that of the post required a reply.

What follows is the predictable braying of dinosaurs about women in Defence. Some sensible comments, but generally dross.
At least you acknowledge some "sensible comments". I saw it differently with a reasonable amount of support for females in the military.

If your allegation is true, it warrants further examination. However, without providing details you just sound like a troll, or maybe just someone becoming increasingly aware of their advancing age and dimininshing sense of connection with today's military.
To provide evidence to substantiate the "rumour"allows the investigation into that area which will then lead to an unfortunate individual being place in a difficult situation. Or CWP is that your intent?

Statements like chicks have it easier than blokes in training; that 'she' got that job just 'cos she's a girl; that girls don't belong on the frontline; that war fighting is a man's job have been made ever since the womens' branches of the ADF were abolished. In my years in Defence, I've never seen evidence of the type of discrimination you're claiming.
Its great that in all you years that you have never seem evidence of females being given positions based on gender. Just a couple of points. Your years in must be significant to have had a view and be part of all the CORPS and Mustering to make such a wide sweeping statement. However just because you haven't seen it does not make it so. The second point which my post, apologise if its hard to follow, is about. The demand for increased female numbers NOW is bringing about recruiting female candidates based on gender. They either do not have the ability and more importantly have the ability but there are better candidates being passed over because they are not female. One criteria of employment any where was putting the best people in the slot. If you have two people, one has the ability and competence for the position and the other has more ability and competence for the position who are they going to pick NOW, the female of course.

What I have seen is endless examples of people serving in positions where they have neither the skills, the imagination or the professional integrity to deserve their incumbency. You might be surprised to hear that most of these were men, because there's many more of us than them..
Totally agree. There are numerous areas/positions being filled by "males" that questions the competency of the promotion boards and posting authorities. Does this than justify allowing the recruiting based on gender and not ability which would/could and shall further dilute the competency of that unit. And have you not contradicted yourself with "because there's many more of us than them" indicating that if there were more females there woulf be more incompetence?

If your mate the CO can't performance manage an under-performing staff member out of his unit, he deserves to keep them.
My mate the CO's as good subordinates bow to their superiors and do as told. I have had the honour to know a few (never in the field of human conflict) that have stood up and said no, knowing full well that their career in the ADF was finished (only one I know of that got away with this and the gent was and still is a great officer/leader/bloke even with no children in the water)

However, without providing details you just sound like a troll, or maybe just someone becoming increasingly aware of their advancing age and dimininshing sense of connection with today's military.
On a more personal note. Firstly you cast dispersions about spurious allegation, really on a rumour site? Secondly you cast some derision on a personal level about age or being lonely. Attack the content not the individual.

I suspect hysterical claims about the sky falling in were heard when women first went to sea, flew jets or served alongside men on ground operations. Predictable and pathetic
Sorry must be the way my colostomy bag is sitting. The core of for this thread is that the ADF will employ females irrelevant of ability because they have been told to. Again two points. The first and worst case employing people who do not have any ability for that area. Secondly employing females that have ability but there are better candidates (who until we get a third gender are males) that are passed over because the ADF has been told employ more females.

Frankly my dear it matters naught whether you believe me or not because it won't change what is happening. Who was it that said for "evil to triumph it only needs good men to do nothing". Wait for the reply on this. No I am not saying that this is evil. I am saying is it wrong. However I dare say I am wrong because I have become a misplaced dinosaur in today's culture that is striving for the meek to inherit the earth and all to be equal. When that occurs we will not need a military or police force etc and I guess the quicker we place people in positions were they either do not have the ability to perform or do not place the best indiviual available in that position the quicker we can achieve this nirvana.