PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is jetaifly belgium selection and interview waste of precious time and money ??
Old 8th Feb 2013, 13:22
BraceBrace

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
What is it with the Dutch and their eager to discuss everything openly, the UK-ers with their overdepency on automation and procedures, the Germans and their "grundlich by the book"-iness. I guess every nationality has goodies and badies.

My personal experience, being Belgian: yes we like it, we do it. Some of us exagerate, I admit. Being in a situation where I'm flying with a lot of nationalities I adapt, trying not to scare my collegues. No problem. Aviate, navigate, communicate. I don't care how you do it, just do it. We all have our qualities. I love the openminded cockpit created by the Dutch and the procedural knowledge of the UK pilots. But like we Belgians... don't exagerate please. Because from my personal experience, the guys who are the first to complain about hand-flying being "not-done", disconnect at 500...200ft and still manage to land halfway down the runway. That also falls under the category of "unstable approach".

Last edited by BraceBrace; 8th Feb 2013 at 13:40.