PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2013, 09:37
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toga, there should be no loyalty in commercial aviation at all. I know that we all pretend to be loyal and at interview pretend to have wanted to join ABC airlines since we were at school, because, that is what the daft management twerps want to hear. The clown of a CP in a crap cowboy charter outfit in the UK, when interviewing casualties of the demise of a top competitor, actually asked candidates " Just how long do you intend staying with us ?". As if one would reply;"Well, for as long as it takes for me to get another job with a classy outfit !". Yeah, right !

I think EK, EY & QR should set up in the Gulf Hotel & initially, interview everyone who is unemployed as a result of the GF cutbacks. Then, interview everyone who wants to escape the same, potential fate.

I am sad to say, again, that GF appears, to me, to be doing the right thing. What many have, regrettably, advocated for a long time. Reduce costs, reduce fleet size, chop unprofitable & risky routes. They appear to be doing all of that. The inevitable fall out is job loss. Great HR care should be taken in setting up another dept charged with the task of securing jobs or opportunities for those displaced by the new strategy.

Give me a bit of funding, an office, a pretty secretary (preferably female) with full communication facility & I will come out & do it for you. And no, I won't shave off 20% of the funding for my back-pocket, clock in & then clock out after dates & coffee with my Sec,claim wild expenses as I trip around the Gulf, First Class, top hotels, meeting for dates & coffee with heads of EK, EY & QR, spinning out the meetings looking like we are all doing some work ! ................Promise.............!

Good luck to all. You WILL succeed in re-establishing yourselves as professional COMMERCIAL pilots as opportnuties seem to abound, right on your doorstep.

Oh, sorry, last poster, what is EOS ? Thanks.