PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Something to answer for AFT??
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2013, 08:35
morno

Received 318 Likes on 118 Posts
Or Gen Y to realize that you can't chuck some money and a couple of weeks to solve your problems.

To understand the complexities of the subject and to have the principles stick, you need to spend a good couple of months learning the subject.
Rubbish. I walked away with a good understanding of the principles and complexities of the subject with 2 weeks of learning. The theory school's teach what is required to satisfy the syllabus set by CASA. What else are we supposed to learn?

I'd be more interested to know how candidates from other ATPL instructors are going i.e. those who are perhaps taught how to work to an answer rather than utilise a particular exam technique which some have suggested is AFT's approach.
That was not AFT's approach when I sat the course last year. Yes, certain techniques are taught, but those techniques are more about how to achieve the workings of the answers in the required time. I don't know how else you would teach someone to pass this exam, apart from teaching only the questions.

morno