PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The future of UK SAR, post SAR-H
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2013, 19:52
snakepit

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Depends where you're standing/sitting. One old sweat involved in aeronautical rescue recently quiped during a discussion of downwash "if you stood under Whirlwind it wouldn't even part your hair". And that describes well the change that there has been across 50 years. For many of the SAR partners, this is a step change in technology, and especially power.
I can assure you I occasionally hang in the worst place possible and all that is required is a change in SOPs and expectations, its not rocket science. You cannot argue for better lift capacity and increased safety and still expect whirlwind rotorwash!

No. Privatised helicopter SAR has been going on in the UK since Marston in 1971. The S-92 has been used in UK SAR since 2007 and done fine work. So when is this magical transformation of public and press opinion due to happen?
Are you actually suggesting that the public and press don't appreciate and respect Lee, Portland, Stornaway and Sumburgh?

When we work with them they always bring their own transport.
I'd love to see the lifeboat in the mountains! When we work with them we do the same for them as we do for the MRT and if they become a passenger they deserve the same service as we give you! It was your comment.